Thursday, August 04, 2005

Lizard nonsense, Harry Potter and Granny PO PO.

OH I JUST GOT ATTACKED BY A LIZARD ON MY BED WHILE I WAS HAVING MY READING TIME.
Blasted lizard. Now out of sheer paranoia, I walk to my bed to whack it every few minutes to ensure whatever lizard faeces it'd left behind has been beaten off, or at least, the bacteria, but I doubt that's gonna happen 'cause such things usually get stuck onto clothy stuff.

Actually it wasn't much of just, since it happened about about nine. I was reading the part of Harry Potter about the third/fourth time or second last time he ventured into the Pensieve when I saw this brown snake-like creature crawling on my bolster from the left corner of my eye. It was about one ft away from my arm. Out of disgust and horrification, I jumped up and ended up standing on my bed, nearly knocking my oh-so-precious head on my cupboard just above my bed, wondering where that monstrous reading-time-interrupter had gone. It seemed to have disappeared, and when I took a step off my bed to exclaim that I've discovered that demented beady-eyed thing crawling in our bedroom, with my Potter book in hand, I saw the stupid lizard race across my bedsheet [I really mean from around the supposed pillow area to the end of my bed] and disappear under the covers. Argh! Of course I ran out of my room and started calling for my maid to find that lizard and let me personally squash it with my drumsticks but obviously she couldn't find it [not because she is a little 'blind'].

Oh yeah, and I WAS annoyed that my reading time was disturbed by a measly piece-of-shit lizard.

Yeap, more happy things - I've finished the Potter book. Yippeedoos! The book is nice, great, and I was ultimately surprised when my sister said that she hasn't read a single of the HP books, AND she couldn't believe that I've read all already. =.= Talk about dense. Haha. Well, I was intrigued by the part where Dumbledore drank the potion and the locket was retrieved from the green-light-producing Pensieve lookalike thingy [forgot what's that called], and the crazy Inferi lunging for HP. Tsk-tsk. Although I think that J. K. Rowling shouldn't put so much emphasis on Harry Potter, it gets a little annoying at times that he gets all the fame and the other small people working with him like Hermione & The Weasleys don't get much credit even though they were so 'loyal' to Potter. I decided not to be such a spoiler like some people and write a very detailed review. Yeah, so I'm not writing anything.
______

My MATERNAL grandma is such a moosehead, is there not anymore more obnoxious names to call her? Mind you, I'm talking about my Mom's Mom. Rarr. Let me write down here what I had on my previous phone conversation:

Lou: Hello?
Gran: HARLOH.
Lou: May I speak to Cheryl please?
Gran: Who are you! -suspicious
Lou: LouiZA lah. [I placed emphasis on the ZA to make it sound rude.]
Gran: Cheryl is studying.
Lou: Do you think you can pass it to her 'cause I need to talk to her about Festival of Praise?
Gran: Ah, -long pause- you want to talk to her?
............ long wait
Gran: Later her daddy scold
Lou: -scowls to herself-
Gran: Aiyah! -in obvious pretence- Cheryl just walked at the back to bathe.
Lou: Er, okay. -phone snaps off-
Lou: Bye. -said to nobody

I am personally gonna strangle my grandma soon enough. Lyn and I had enough of her calling us our maid's name - Wanti.
Lou/Lyn: Hello?
Gran: YESSS, Wanti AHHHH.
Lou: -Scowl- NO LouiSA LAH. -shoves phone at mother-
/ Lyn: You want to talk to my mother ah.-rudely- -shoves phone at mother-

*Words in red are spoken in Mandarin. (: Heh.

No comments: