Monday, January 09, 2006

Candy sweet, almost bittersweet.

Music: Lindsay Lohan - Confessions of a Broken Heart

Oh my lovely bed, I remembered this morning I was awoken by my sister slapping me on my shoulder and I was peeved enough with her slapping me that I fell asleep again after a while and gosh, I woke up 20 mins late, so I got my dad to fetch me to school (I was late to report for councillor even though I wasn't late for school) and I got scolded by both my parents for being a spoilt brat. Okay.

I know I sleep like a pig, eat like a pig and am as lazy as a pig, but hey, I only pig around when I'm done with what I'm supposed to do, which reminds me, I still have got Wednesday's E Math homework and Thursday's. I hate Math! I'm actually quite elated there is a holiday tomorrow, that I don't have to get out of the house unless I have appointments on. Well, that's one thing I totally abhor about Chinese New Year, although the money's rolling in quickly, the unattractive "duties" you have to do on that day is so unappealing. There are always some aunties who insist that you have to do something before you can receive your red packet from them (ahem, a kiss, a hug, sing a song etc.) I don't like bribery and I don't think stupid aunties should use this method. Come on, it's so overused and so gross. Hello? I'm not freaking desperate for your red packet. Yeah parents always say that we should be grateful - but why would I want to do something just to get $4-$6, horribly, the ones who get people to do stuff to get the red packet always give the least money, oops did I expose you? If yes, ha-ha to you! If you're asking me for a kiss, I'm gonna pass man. Yikes! (*this does not happen to me, it's just examples) To add, to be nice and at least seem civil, I have to keep smiling like my face is botox-ed in that position, even though I'm really aching at the cheeks or itching to roll my eyes at how auntie can some aunties get.

Anyway, this reminds me. Every Chinese New Year, I think this Indian lady (Let's call her Tamille) whom my family doesn't really know really well, she used to be my neighbour if I'm not wrong and she comes by every single year to visit and warm my sofa seats. I shall tell you the horrific details of an annual nightmare.

  • Lynette and Louisa see Tamille coming through the main gate.
  • Lynette and Louisa (especially the latter) runs into the room and locks themselves in.
  • Parents force both to come out. I am extremely reluctant.
  • Forced to listen to extremely stale small talk
  • Tamille wants to leave, insists and requests my parents to force me to give her a goodbye kiss.
  • Does it with total disgust.
  • Starts screaming and complaining like shit after she leaves.

Now that I think about it, it really makes me feel so vexed with my parents. Like firstly the grossest thing, is that I don't kiss people on the cheek and you ask me to kiss her, I mean hey, if it's your culture, don't impose it on me 'cause I'm not from your race okay? Secondly, I don't even kiss my parents, like WHAT is my blasted relationship with you?- no link, nothing, zilch! Thirdly, why didn't you EVER stop her?! Don't say that the first sentence is racist, 'cause it isn't. Like how you don't just FORCE people to believe in heaven and hell 'cause you're a Christian. They can believe whatever they want and it really isn't any your business. If not you're just being a prig- so ... scram.

Haha, I think I've been forced to do that for about 4 years until she disappeared to God-knows-where which equals endless exhilaration for me (and my sisters, but they weren't too much terrorized by her) That reminds me, I've been so terrorised since young, boy it's so unfair. I still remember that irritating Jacky/Jackie (He is a very irritating and idiotic guy who finds amusement in basically teasing me, and I used to think he looked like a pervert at 7 years, tell me, isn't what kids below 10 say absolutely true? YES!) Yucks! And I even had to run away to service with my parents 'cause he used to terrify me in Annex, another building in my church. EW. What a nightmare.

Okay back to school- well it was fine, Mr Duncan Hiew, my A and E Math teacher was on MC and everybody in my class was clapping their heads off, I mean all he does is really pile Math homework on our tables which is really quite scary after a while especially when you can't finish your work.Had VE and OICs and AICs of any secondary one class had to accompany them around. Felt so lame. The kids are rude, rude, rude. Aye, I still have to tabulate the survey forms because that stupid MCP Muthucurryy doesn't want to, and Yang Lin too, since when hasn't she been enthusiastic about doing anything? I was surprised she didn't want to tabulate it. Haha, really! Well if you're wondering what's VE, it's Value Education. Comfort me and tell me that is not the lamest attempt at trying to make CME sound way more intellectual. It's not working so too bad!

It rains everyday and I'm getting annoyed 'cause my umbrella is so spoilt and missing- so I can't get home everyday- Hwee En, Michelle, Rachel and I were supposed to cab to the MRT station and then Rach and Michelle will continue taking the cab to Hougang. But in the end, since our street is so deserted, we walked in the rain to the bus stop, which after that in the end I left, it's more convenient for me and them lah. (: Aw I'm nice. Hahaha. Just kidding!

Oh I received such an oh-so-sweet sms in the morning today.

Tabulations of Survey: I have some pictures of some really nice people who just made it easy for the tabulator (ahem me!) by putting all Strongly Agree or Agree, which is perfect! Woot. I'm contemplating whether you'll read until here considering that this post is like uber-super-duper long.

I love Abbas for filling all the boxes of Strongly Agree. Ha-ha-ha!

Who's going tomorrow morning to the Esplanade Hide&Seek?

No comments: