Friday, September 09, 2005

Coincidences.

NDC made me pay $4.90 for this demented 'braces toothbrush'.
It looks just like an ordinary one to me leh.
____________

The last time I bought the toothbrush, I had a green one (I was having green for my braces colour) and now I'd got orange when I got orange for my braces colour. Coincidental?
___

This song is quite nice, but I picked out some ironic parts. Haha.

James Blunt
Tears And Rain

I wish I could surrender my soul
Shed the clothes that become my skin (Doesn't this remind of his "You're Beautiful" MTV?)
See a liar that burns within my needing
How I wish I'd chosen darkness from cold
How I wish I'd screamed out loud
Instead I've found no meaning

I guess it's time I run far, far away, find comfort in pain, (A Private Joke)
All pleasure's the same it just keeps me from trouble
Hides my true shape, like Dorian Gray
I've heard what they say, but I'm not here for trouble
It's more than just words: it's just tears and rain

I wish I could walk through the doors of my mind
Hold memory close at hand
Help me understand the years
I wish I could choose between Heaven and Hell
I wish I would save my soul.
I'm so cold from fear.

Far, far away find comfort in pain
All pleasures the same, it just keeps me from trouble
Its more than just words; its just tears and rain (Water, you mean. Bah)
_____

In all James Blunt's songs, I've noticed something. He makes himself sound pathetic which is actually quite good because people are just sick and tired of listening to Kelly Clarkson and other artists/artistes singing about how they've gotten over someone/start blaming somebody for their tragedy and they're oh-so-strong (different perceptions of Strong).
Let me name a few "I got over you" songs:

  • Britney Spears - Stronger
  • Kelly Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone
  • Kelly Clarkson - Because of You
  • Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes

See what I mean now? But James Blunt sure makes himself sound like a loser who gets 'ditched' by girls all the time. Lmao.

No comments: