Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wow.

I went to school this morning, with supposed enthusiasm, but I merely deflated on reaching school at 6.40am, an unbearably early hour don't you think? Out of sheer boredom, I spent my time until assembly reading Dan Brown's Angels & Demons and I just finished the book an hour ago.

We checked our English and Maths papers, to me, I wouldn't have called that checking at all, our answer scripts were given to us, and one look at the mark and the teacher requested all papers to be collected again, what a waste of our time! (And of course, the students prestiged enough to give out and collect the papers, hur)

We spent the rest of the day slacking off and boy, I never felt so horrible in my life, wasting my precious time away, when I could be playing sims 2 or at least doing something slightly more productive (although I didn't mind the 2 hour book read). I don't even want to wake up early to go to school tomorrow, it is seriously a waste of time and energy, I could be spending the wee hours of the morning sleeping, something I desperately need.

The class was darn chaotic the whole day. Horrid, the noise drove me crazy, and I still am suffering the after effects of all that whacking-of-tables, screaming, hyena giggles and more mortifying stuff. They're all reverberating in my ears now.

After school, I called my Dad and whoop-de-dooh, he picked me up (to bring me to the doc) but we went to Plaza Singapura to change the StarHub controls and he brought me to Ajisen Ramen! Ooh heavenly, we spent $26.90 altogether, not much la? But I have not ate with my dad together since a long time, considering the fact that he is a busy workaholic and everybody knows everybody stays out of the house to avoid my menopausal mom (she can become much like a maniac if she wants to). Well, I fully agree with my philosophy that women are nuisances, sometimes also telling myself that when I start whining unconsciously.

We went to the doc's later, and my uncle said I sat too much (BOY! I haven't heard of such a thing before). He also said that he has it too. Hurhur, I felt insulted like hey, I'm a teen and you're an old fellow and we've got the same physical problems?! So my back problem's solved for the moment, although I'm still not as flexible as my younger days (I sound uber chao lao) =p Uncle (my family doc/uncle) kept telling me silly jokes, and somehow I felt something was different in his character. He wasn't as carefree as previously, somehow deaths in the family do change a person, especially a well-loved spouse.

For a moment there in the clinic, I pictured Aunt A. walking to her room in the clinic as she always did, at least when I was there then I would always say the same thing "Hello Aunty*". She would come out of her office, go to the dispensary and settle some stuff then go back into the office. I even forgotten for a short moment that she was gone already. I mean, I just pictured her there, and then chided myself that she wasn't. And if that can affect me even though I'm not so close to her, then what more her own husband?*

*Terms unnamed to protect privacy and no sarcasm in this two paragraphs of sheer curiosity and a little grief.

No comments: